Part of our Safend Data Protection Suite
Keep your people in line
Around 70 percent of security breaches and data thefts are inside jobs (Vista research). A lot of that is just carelessness or, let’s be frank, defiance: for busy people, security can feel like a headache.
Wave’s Safend Protector enforces your security strategy. It blocks users from connecting to unauthorized devices or using unauthorized interfaces (including those scary portable hot spots). And when the action is authorized, it enforces encryption, automatically guiding the user through the right steps.
Compliance doesn’t have to mean no data sharing
Encryption usually makes it hard to share sensitive data. But we’ve fixed that. First, Safend Protector gives you fine control over who does what: you can give a lot of freedom to people who need it, and very little to people who don’t. Second, it logs every movement of data in and out of your organization—it’s the only product available that can track and log offline activity on encrypted removable devices.
It’s about bringing full visibility to what your people are doing with their devices. With this kind of built-in accountability, you don’t have to worry when business needs call for a more relaxed approach.
Only Protector blocks today’s hardware keyloggers
Keyloggers record keystrokes—i.e. user names, passwords, social security numbers, anything. And a modern hardware keylogger can transmit such data wirelessly, before you ever notice that it’s plugged into the dusty backside of that tower sitting on the floor. Safend Protector is the only security product that can identify and block USB and PS/2 hardware keyloggers.
Easy security compliance
- Security policies are preconfigured for specific regulatory compliance standards, such as PCI, HIPAA, and SOX
- Forensic logs of all data moving in and out of your organization
- Prevents hybrid network bridging by blocking Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Modems, or IrDA while a PC is connected to the wired corporate LAN (other vendors offer this only via a single-function product; it’s just one feature of Protector)
- Blocks or detects both USB and PS/2 hardware keyloggers
- Turns U3 USB drives into regular USB drives while attached to your endpoints, protecting against auto-launch programs by blocking autorun
- Detects and restricts devices by device type, device model, or unique serial number
- Controls transfer of files both to and from external storage devices according to the file types
- Encrypts data in motion on removable storage devices, external hard drives, and CD/DVDs
- Tracks file transfers to/from Safend encrypted devices offline
- Wi-Fi control by MAC address, SSID, or the security level of the network
- Automatically synchronizes with Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory
- The whole Safend line is based on the same agent, so if you start with one or two products and want to add another, all you need to do is apply the new license
- Unlike competing products, Protector—and the rest of the Safend Data Protection Suite—was built entirely in-house, not with third-party components, for better usability and system stability
- You choose your security strategy; Protector just implements it
- Your people can still share data with ease—robust auditing and logging gives you accountability without restrictions